An injury resulted from an accident or injury at work will lead to a compensation claim towards the employer, company, or the driver in case of a road accident. Personal injury claims include the injuries occur from labor work, road accidents, office injuries, industrial injuries, etc. The court also takes an account of these phenomena while making judgments for the compensation. The compensation for injury claims can vary from as little as £1,000 to £322,060 based on the severity of the loss, grief, and injuries. There are some things take into account while calculating the compensation amount.
- The severity of the injuries.
- Type of injury.
- Recovery time of the injuries.
- Loss of wages/salary.
- Psychological side-effects.
The most important thing to provide the claimant with the compensation is to help them cover their financial loss and lessen their grief and sufferings. For the families that have limited wages to live on, this compensation scheme is best and very valuable. This compensation let them fulfill their financial gaps. The payouts for personal injury claims compensations vary and let’s look at them in detail.
- For a minor head injury, a claimant can have £1,600 to £10,000.
- Moderate Brain Injury: £12,000 to £30,000.
- Severe Brain Damage: £222,300 to £322,060.
- A maximum amount for total blindness or loss of eyes and deafness.
- Loss of sight of both eyes: £200,000.
- Loss of sight of one eye: £50,000 to £150,000
- Minor eye injuries: £1,000 to £7,000 approximately.
- Minor neck injuries can vary in the number of compensation claims. For minor recovery with the 1-2-year recovery period, the amount is from £3,000 to £7,000.
- A neck’s moderate injury including fractures or dislocations will get you around £30,000. If the injury is making you suffer from 5 or more years having soft-tissue breakage or wrenching is around £20,000.
- A severe neck injury having no or little movements along with headaches will have you a compensation amount around £118,000. If the severity of the injury includes fractures and dislocations leading to disabilities will get you around £105,000.
A shoulder injury is basically related to dislocations and soft tissue injuries. This injury is temporary that’s why the value it collects is not very high. The normal recovery period is from 3 months to 2 years. Based on the recovery period and the severity of the injury, the amount of compensation is from £2,000 to £38,000.
A loss of any victim of both hands will get him the amount of compensation around £239,140. The loss of any one arm will be around £109,000 and for severe injuries on the arm will reach to £104,000.
Back injuries can be very extreme and lead to complete bed rest for all the life or even disability of the whole body. Back injuries are not normally life-threatening. A claimant can apply for the accident insurance for the back injuries from the average of £1,000 to a maximum of £200,000.