Complaints Handling Procedure
Complaints Handling: Overview
Complaints may be received directly from clients or from third party representatives. In the event of any complaint the matter must be immediately referred to Tom Carroll. Clients will be made aware of their right to make a complaint, to whom this can be made and how by supplying them with a copy of our complaints handling procedure. It should be noted that every expression of dissatisfaction amounts to a complaint. Where any client expresses concern about the service, steps should be taken to resolve that matter and it should be treated as a complaint.
Complaints can sent to Nadeem Choudhry by telephone 01582733222 or e-mail email@example.com
Any complaint received from a third party representative such as Trading Standards or the Citizens Advice Bureau should be immediately referred to Tom Carroll.
Public Complaints Procedure
The following complaints procedure is made available to every client upon request, will be supplied upon receipt of a complaint and is published on the company’s website.
We strive to ensure that there should be no time that you should have any cause for complaint in relation to the service we provide to you. In the unlikely event that you wish to raise a complaint or have any other concerns with regard to any service we have provided you may submit a formal complaint. This procedure sets out the process which should be followed.
- Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or in any other form in respect of a claims management service that we have provided and that is regulated under the Compensation Act 2006. You should address your complaint to The Complaints Department.
- We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five business days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint for the business together with a copy of this complaints handling procedure. Wherever possible, that person will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint, and will have authority to settle the complaint.
- Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either:
- a) a final response which adequately addresses the complaint (including contact details for the Legal Ombudsman should you wish to make a complaint to them); or
- b) a response which:
i explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response;
ii Informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman if you are dissatisfied with the response, the timeframe for doing so and full contact details.
- Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress which you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress.
- If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to –
PO Box 6804
Tel: 0300 555 0333 (Opening Times Mon – Fri 8.30 – 5.30)
Any complaint must be referred to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of the date of our written final response.
The role of Nadeem Choudhry:
Nadeem Choudhry will at all times be responsible for the investigation of complaints. Where necessary input will be sought from other employees.
Tom Carroll will retain a log of all complaints received and the outcome. A complaints file will be created for each complaint, reference to the log, and which will contain all communication with complainants, the actions taken to investigate the complaint, the findings and a copy of the final response to the complainant.
Claims specialists uk Limited is registered in England and Wales, company registration number 6922209. Information Commission Office number Z1980587.
Address:167 a dunstable road luton lu1 1bw Tel: 01582 733222.
Regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities, registration number CRM21604. Registration is recorded at www.gov.uk/moj/cmr